There are many reasons why a company may choose to amend its Articles; some of these are set below for a sample purpose:
- Compliance with changes to the Companies Law – CAP 113
- Broaden the Company’s Statutory Articles which was used at the incorporation of the Company because now the business has expanded and requires more tailored Articles of Association to support the development of the Company and its business growth
- To introduce new classes of shares and rights attached to them
- To schedule dividends’ distribution
- To anticipate potential investments in the Company and to prevent conflicts of interests etc.